Another packed issue of the Funky Raw magazine. We have an excellent article from Kenny Sunshine and Holly Paige - diet is only one part of the solution to feeling good and being in excellent health so in this article the authors describe the other techniques they use to feel good all the time.
We have an interview with Anthony Anderson, on his Grow Paradise project, diet, permaculture and the Vitality Planet conference in London in September.
Reviews of Sprouting in the UK, Clay & Herbs skin care, EcoEgg Detergent - Alternative and Sarah Ince describes her amalgam filling removal at a holistic dentist.
All the usual news, events and potlucks listings and a range of recipes: Tahini Tzatziki, Real Raw Chocolate Mousse, Raw Lasagna, Summer Essence Juice, Chia Rice Pudding with Raspberry Jam, Altaira's 3 seed powerballs, The Most Amazing Buckwheat Crackers, Cool Cucumber Noodles, Raw Coconut Chewy Bites, Vanilla Kefir Elixir and Cream of Watercress and Strawberry Soup.
- Intro from the editor and cover artist
- What is raw food? - the basics and recommended diet
- Raw Food Dude cartoon by Sally Holloway
- News - Conferences, festivals and events, potlucks, workshops
- Sprouting in the UK, a new booklet by Sally Holloway reviewed
- Review of Clay & Herbs 100% natural skin care
- Sarah Ince shares her experience having an amalgam filling removed
- Review of EcoEgg, a laundry detergent alternative
- Five pages of recipes including chocolate mousse, buckwheat crackers, watercress and strawberry soup with kefir and more
- Kenny Sunshine and Holly Paige describe the techniques they use to feel good all the time
- Rob interviews Anthony Anderson, speaking on the subjects of permaculture, diet and more.
- Susan Laing and the bees on how to connect to the moment
- Elder Trees: the legend, elderflower tea, elderflower champagne and more with Dawn Waterhouse
- Kenny Sunshine wants to know what you are doing to help the raw food movement grow in the UK
- Anika tells us how walking barefoot can help overcome Jetlag
- How affirmations can be used to change our minds with Joe Jennings
- Heather Gardner teaches you how to make your own infused oils, beauty creams, hair & body butter and beauty baths.
- Rob talks about some books which have had a profound impact on his understanding of environmental issues
- Derrick Jensen on why we must resist this insane culture which is destroying the planet
- Sally Holloway samples a couple of retreats which are suitable for raw fooders
- Helen finds the Family Siesta retreat in Spain
- Womb Blessing: a healing for women introduced by Belinda Garcia
- Detoxing with Helen Kirby-Roach
- Poetry from Frances Kelsey and Sarah Ince
Printed on 100% post consumer waste recycled paper.
This issue is also available in eBook (pdf) format.
Help distribute the Funky Raw magazine, buy 10 or more copies and get the distributors price of £2 per copy.
Delivery: Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50 by either 1st class mail or next day courier. To give you the best price, other delivery prices are calculated and shown when you add the products you require to the shopping basket.
If you order before 3pm (2pm on Fridays) we aim to dispatch your order the same day, which in many cases means next working day delivery (but this is not guaranteed).