Raw food and positive living magazine with news from the raw food world, events and potluck listings. Book and resturant reviews, raw recipes and our regular cartoon The Raw Food Dude. This is a free sample issues of the ebook magazine.
This is the eBook (electronic only) version of the Funky Raw magazine. It comes as a PDF file which is quite large at 3.7 MB, and can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. There is a print version available here.
The new year is a time when people think about detoxing so we have a couple of articles on different detox techniques.
At Funky Raw we like to make you think about what you are eating and not accept dogma, so this issue we have an extract from author Susan Schenck's new book Beyond Broccoli entitled "How a Vegan Diet Compromised My Health".
This issue also covers organic kids clothing, staying positive in the winter and a very fitting article by Steve Pavlina on succeeding during a recession plus lots more.
You can also subscribe to the eBook version of the magazine and get every issue delivered direct to your inbox.
- Welcome from the editor
- An introduction to the raw food diet
- News & Events: Festivals
- Gatherings and potlucks - Find a local event near you
- Workshops, talks and events for the next few months
- A review of Vantra, the new restaurant in London by Theresa
- Winter Warming Diet, Rob reviews a new eBook
- Jessie reviews The Little Sweet Recipe Booklet
- Sunfood Diet Infusion by John McCabe, a review and extract
- Recipes including Chocolate Rice Pudding, Oatmeal Cookies, Blueberry Cheezecake and Fennel & Orange Winter Salad
- How a Vegan Diet Compromised My Health - An Extract from Susan Schenck’s new book Beyond Broccoli
- Emma McDougal has some ideas to invigorate your raw diet
- If you find Winter difficult, Elizabeth has some ideas to help you stay positive
- Susan Laing describes her experience with the Arise and Shine detox
- More detoxing ideas from Tanya Alekseeva
- Natures First Food : Terri Henry investigates breastmilk.
- Susan Laing reviews David Wolfe’s book Superfoods
- Jessica Fenton looks at organic clothing for kids
- Nicola Pledger continues to follow the seasons in TCM
- Polly Noble’s healing journey
- Getting into the Vortex by Holly Paige
- Keep up with Karen Bennetto’s adventures in the garden
- Dawn Waterhouse asks should you get a flu vaccine while pregnant?
- Janta tells his story of Raw food and Permaculture
- Don’t let anyone bully you into being 100% says Pete Vincent
- Steve Pavlina on how to succeed during a recession
- Poetry from Benedict Goldsmith
- Raw Food Dude cartoon by Sally Holloway
Delivery: Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50 by either 1st class mail or next day courier. To give you the best price, other delivery prices are calculated and shown when you add the products you require to the shopping basket.
If you order before 3pm (2pm on Fridays) we aim to dispatch your order the same day, which in many cases means next working day delivery (but this is not guaranteed).