More on fermented foods with an extract from the book Wild Fermentation, sauerkraut recipe and an article about kefir. Book reviews, events listings, recipes, wild food and lots more make up this packed issue.
This is the eBook (electronic only) version of the Funky Raw magazine. It comes as a PDF file which is quite large at 5 MB, and can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. There is a print version available here.
You can also subscribe to the eBook version of Funky Raw and get every issue delivered direct to your inbox.
- Welcome from the editor and cover artist
- An introduction to the raw food diet
- News & Events: Restaurants, conference and investments
- Gatherings and potlucks - Find a local event near you
- Workshops, talks and events for the next few months
- Jessie Maguire reviews Recreating The Psychoactive Forest, the new book from Holly Paige
- Amy Levin’s Advanced Raw Chocolate Workshop is reviewed by Jessica Fenton
- Chocolate recipe book I Love Raw Chocolate is reviewed by Jessie Maguire
- Review and extract from Wild Fermentation by Sandor Ellix Katz
- A couple of Susan Laing’s favourite books
- A selection of raw recipes including Middle Eastern Tacos, Latino Mushrooms and Carob Crumble
- Dawn Waterhouse on the subject of Melons
- Holly explains what kefir is and how to make it
- Rose Hips and Purslane are this months Wild Foods
- Discover some new fruits with Debbie Took
- Nicola Pledger introduces Autumn in terms of Traditional Chinese Medicine, plus a delicious Toffee Apple recipe
- Karen Bennetto’s quest for eco friendly heating
- Jo Healy shares her journey to health
- Melanie discusses some reasons for eating a raw diet
- What to do if you have a headache, alternatives to painkillers
- Poetry from Paz and Benedict Goldsmith
- Raw Food Dude - Cartoon from Sally Holloway
- Pete Vincent brings humour back to raw food
- Fiona tells us about her detox retreat in Biarritz
- Evie and Rob answer readers questions
- Autumn Cleansing with Evie Collins
- Yoga for improving the flexibility of your spine
- More tales from Rob and Jolita’s travels
- Final part of the Creature cartoon by MC Miller
Delivery: Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50 by either 1st class mail or next day courier. To give you the best price, other delivery prices are calculated and shown when you add the products you require to the shopping basket.
If you order before 3pm (2pm on Fridays) we aim to dispatch your order the same day, which in many cases means next working day delivery (but this is not guaranteed).