Raw food and positive living magazine with news from the raw food world, events and potluck listings. Book reviews, raw recipes and our regular cartoon The Raw Food Dude.
This is the eBook (electronic only) version of the Funky Raw magazine. It comes as a PDF file which is quite large at 2.8 MB, and can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. There is a print version available here.
We've got sample recipes from two new raw recipes books - Jessica's Raw Chocolate Recipes by Jessica Fenton and Aniís Raw Food Asia by Ani Phyo. Raw Chocolate Gingerbread People and Raw Ice-Cream Sundae from Jessica's book and Baby Bok Choy with Chinese Cabbage in Ginger Sauce from China; Summer Rolls with Ginger "Peanut" Sauce from Vietnam; and Coconut Balls in Sweet Rose Kream with Pistachios from India from Ani's book. Plus our usual selection of delicious recipes.
Another excellent article from Steve Pavlina "The Courage to live Consciously", teaching us how to move forwards in our life positively, plus an article from John McCabe on why hemp is so important for us to start using as a fuel, fibre and many other things.
There are reviews of John McCabe's Sunfood Traveller and Frederic Patenaudeís new book Raw Controversies plus Anima's latest albums, wooden toys for children plus so much more.
You can also subscribe to the eBook version of the magazine and get every issue delivered direct to your inbox.
- Welcome from the editor
- An introduction to the raw food diet
- News, Events & Readers Letters
- Gatherings and potlucks - Find a local event near you
- Workshops, talks and events for the next few months
- Rob reviews Animaís new albums
- Frederic Patenaudeís new book Raw Controversies is reviewed
- Reviw of John McCabeís Sunfood Traveler
- A wide range of recipes including samples from two new books - Jessica Fentonís Jessicaís Raw Chocolate Recipes and Ani Phyoís Raw Food Asia
- Aj tells of her journey to India as a raw food chef
- Some tips on protecting yourself from radiation
- Rob discusses his typical diet, including the reasons why he now eats more animal foods
- Susan discusses why we need to be accepting of otherís diets
- Spring and the Wood Element with Nicola including wild green juice, honeyed nettles and sauerkraut recipes and a meditation
- Alex shares her healing journey - Love is all you need
- Natural Parenting: Jessica Fenton discovers wooden toys
- Pete Vincentís Raw Humor colunm looks at the serious topic of why mesquite has been banned
- An introduction to Juice Fasting from Polly Noble
- Karenís adventures continue, this time on the beach
- Some homeopathic remedies for joints and bones with Dawn
- Emmaís warning: Donít lose your friends over being raw
- Living the simple life - Helenís European journey
- More travel with Rob and Jolita on their journey
- The Courage to live Consciously, more motivational inspiration from Steve Pavlina
- John McCabe on the subject of Hemp and how it can help us
- Another poem from Benedict Goldsmith
- Sallyís Raw Food Dude cartoon
Delivery: Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50 by either 1st class mail or next day courier. To give you the best price, other delivery prices are calculated and shown when you add the products you require to the shopping basket.
If you order before 3pm (2pm on Fridays) we aim to dispatch your order the same day, which in many cases means next working day delivery (but this is not guaranteed).