Raw food and positive living magazine with summer raw events and potluck listings. Book reviews, raw recipes and our regular cartoon The Raw Food Dude.
This is the eBook (electronic only) version of the Funky Raw magazine. It comes as a PDF file which is quite large at 3.7 MB, and can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. There is a print version available here.
This issue we have a special feature on Earthing, Grounding and Walking Barefoot. Possibly one of the most important health re-discoveries of recent years is earthing. In its simplest form this can be just walking barefoot. This is something most of us have lost touch with, without realising it. These three articles will give you more details on why earthing is important and what practical steps you can take to gain the benefits.
Rob reviews Madrid's new raw food restaurant Crucina, Jessie reviews two exciting new eBooks, we have a couple of articles on homeschooling and loads more, full contents list below.
You can also subscribe to the eBook version of the magazine and get every issue delivered direct to your inbox.
- Intro from the editor and cover artist
- What is raw food? - an intro to the raw food diet
- News and Events - summer festivals and retreats
- Gatherings and potlucks - Find a local event near you
- Workshops, talks and events for the next few months
- Rob visits Madrid’s new raw restaurant, Crucina
- Emma MacDougal’s new eBook So You Want To Be A Raw Foodist
- Tanya Alekseeva’s new Raw Chocolate Recipe eBook Seduced
- Karen Knowler’s new book Raw Food Made Simple
- Two and a half pages full of raw recipes: soup, paté, lasagne, fruit pie, chocolate and more
- If you are struggling with eating a raw diet, Emma MacDougall explains why patience is necessary
- Special Feature: Earthing, Grounding and Walking Barefoot:
- * Evie Collins goes back to walking barefoot
- * Susan Laing looks at how walking barefoot relates to the Qi energy of Chinese medicine
- * Tracey Burnett looks at some practical ways to ground ourselves, including some of David Wolfe’s products
- Nicola explores the element of Fire, the season of Summer
- Where does our food come from? And why is it important for it to be organically grown? Melanie answers these questions
- Should we be eating animal foods? is the question Dani explores from his own personal experiences
- Homeschooling? Dawn tells us how and why she does it
- This issue, Karen gives us a day in the life of home education
- Supporting detox with skin brushing and epsom salts baths
- Raw Food Dude cartoon from Sally
- Diet isn’t everything - Pete Vincent on how emotions affect our life
- Jess Fenton tells us about their family’s eco forest holiday
- Tara’s story: How I got to be running raw food and yoga retreats
- Gnosticism and Earth Mysteries for Today by Holly Paige
- Personal Development with Steve Pavlina: Cultivating Burning Desire
- Durian explored - smell, taste and nutrition with Melanie
- Poetry from Benedict Goldsmith and Sarah Ince
Delivery: Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50 by either 1st class mail or next day courier. To give you the best price, other delivery prices are calculated and shown when you add the products you require to the shopping basket.
If you order before 3pm (2pm on Fridays) we aim to dispatch your order the same day, which in many cases means next working day delivery (but this is not guaranteed).