Welcome to the magazine for the raw food movement!
This issue we have a bumper selection of reviews - Rawr chocolate bars, a Christmas recipes ebook, a natural propolis toothpaste and more. Recipes this issue include "Roasted" Mushrooms with Fennel Salad, Super Brownies and Fermented Grape Drink.
Kenny Sunshine and Holly Paige look at recent advances in longevity research including some cutting edge supplements.
Maureen & Phil Rooksby tell their story of how simplifications they made created massive improvements in their lives.
We have a whole article dedicated to cucumbers from Susan Laing, describing its properties: diuretic, detoxifying, anti-tumour and full of vitamins and minerals and Dawn Waterhouse discovers some unique uses for conkers.
This is the eBook (electronic only) version of the Funky Raw magazine. It comes as a PDF file which is 2.3 MB, and can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. There is a print version available here.
If you want to get involved with the magazine, by writing articles, cover artwork, recipes, distribution, or just want your classified ad printing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intro from the editor
- What is raw food? - the basics and recommended diet
- News + Events - New raw cafes, raw food school, events, potlucks, workshops, etc.
- Raw Food Dude cartoon by Sally Holloway
- Rebecca Kane reviews the RawFest summer festival
- The Truly Alive Child book review by Helen Kirby Roach
- Updated range of raw chocolates from Rawr reviewed by Suz
- Jessie review an ebook of Christmas raw recipes, including a recipe for Mince Pies
- Natural Face Cleanser review from Dawn Waterhouse
- Sarah reviews a Natural Propolis Toothpaste
- Ceri Jones reports on her day at the Gourmet Raw Food School
- Miracle Lips Serum review from Sarah
- Recipes: "Roasted" Mushrooms with Fennel Salad, Super Brownies, Fermented Grape Drink, Carob Haystacks and Raw Coconut Yoghurt
- Philosophy of a Shamanic Raw Chef by David Woodhouse
- Holly and Kenny look at some foods and supplements which could help you live longer
- If you've heard of the Paleo Diet but don't know what it is, check out this introduction from Ceri Jones.
- Susan Laing - Cucumbers: Nutrition and medicinal properties
- Simplifying your life can bring great benefits: Maureen & Phil
- Dawn tells us all about Horse Chestnut trees and conkers
- Holly Paige proposes an outline of how we might go about getting back on track to our peak evolutionary potential
- Finding Real Love
- A visit to Glastonbury and the Shekinashram with Sally Holloway
- Amy Lesser tells us how swimming with dolphins can raise our vibrational energy.
- Derrick Jensen asks whether protecting nature should be more important than enjoying it.
- Poetry and artwork by Tamasea Lambis, Sarah Ince and Hazel Siddall
Delivery: Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50 by either 1st class mail or next day courier. To give you the best price, other delivery prices are calculated and shown when you add the products you require to the shopping basket.
If you order before 3pm (2pm on Fridays) we aim to dispatch your order the same day, which in many cases means next working day delivery (but this is not guaranteed).